What can people do to prevent child abuse?
Every adult plays a role in the healthy development of children, and you are probably already doing something to help prevent child abuse and neglect!
These are all activities that help prevent child abuse and neglect:
- Volunteer at a child-serving organization
- Donate your time or money to a child-serving organization
- Mentor a child or parent
- Advocate for family-friendly policies
- Plant a pinwheel garden to raise awareness and promote great childhoods
- Host/Attend a Stewards of Children sexual abuse prevention training for your church, community, co-workers
- Host/Attend a Strong Parents, Stable Children training to learn the 5 protective factors to reduce the risk of child abuse and neglect
- Donate your money to child-serving organizations