The Missouri Prevention Partners is organized for the charitable and educational purpose of providing statewide leadership to prevent and reduce child abuse and neglect by strengthening families and communities. View the Missouri Prevention Partners flyer.
Missouri places families and children first so they thrive at home and in their communities.
The Missouri Prevention Partners provide leadership to reduce child abuse and neglect by strengthening families and communities.
- Every child should be safe, nurtured and supported in their family; every family should be safe, nurtured and supported in their community
- Diverse family structures, values, and cultures shall be honored and respected
- Children and families benefit most from long-term commitment and investment in outcome-oriented and evidenced-based prevention strategies
- Every caregiver, family and community should have access to resources to strengthen families
- All systems at all levels should be accountable to the families, children, and communities they serve
- Everyone should take responsibility and be engaged in efforts to prevent child abuse and neglect
- Every child and family benefits from collaborative approaches and coordinated services that incorporate partnerships among public and private agencies
- All families have strengths and benefit from strength-based practices
- Diverse cultural representation and participation is highly valued and actively sought in all Missouri Prevention Partners efforts and activities.
Children’s Trust Fund Kirk Schreiber Paula Cunningham Department of Corrections Jeananne Markway Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Department of Health and Senior Services Cindy Wilkinson Marjorie Cole, RN, MSN Mary List Department of Mental Health Judy Finnegan Kristi Scoville Department of Public Safety Vicky Scott Department of Social Services Paula Neese Becky Houf Missouri Association of Community Action Agencies Cheryl Leffler Humane Society of Missouri Sue Gassner One Hope United Shannon Stokes Missouri Child Care Resource and Referral Network Lori Williams Missouri Coalition of Children’s Agencies (MCCA) Carmen Schulze Missouri Head Start – State Collaboration Office Carolyn Stemmons Missouri Juvenile Justice Association Vivian Murphy Missouri KidsFirst Jay Wood Joy Oesterly Practical Parenting Partnerships Janet Shepard, CFLE ParentLink Carol Mertensmeyer, PhD University of Missouri Extension-Dept. of Human Development and Family Studies David Schramm, PhD, CFLE