MISSOURI KIDSFIRST (MKF) STRATEGIC PLAN 2020-2022
Vision (What) Our vision is to be a state where all children are treated with kindness, dignity, and respect.
Mission (How) Missouri KidsFirst empowers adults to protect children from abuse and neglect through community education, professional training, and child advocacy.
Purpose (Why) Missouri KidsFirst is the state chapter for Missouri’s child advocacy centers (CACs), we provide leadership, support, training, technical assistance and resources to assist with the ongoing development, continuation and enhancement of the CAC model in Missouri. Because children deserve great childhoods, Missouri KidsFirst is also the Missouri chapter of Prevent Child Abuse America. We serve as a leading voice for abused children to create a state where children are prioritized in policy and funding.
- MKF will have sufficient fund diversity to measurably impact our mission and vision.
- MKF will have operations rooted in compliance, sustainability and efficiency.
- MKF will have a fully engaged, supportive, and passionate board of directors.
- MKF will have the organizational and programmatic capacity to meet the 2020 reaccreditation processes for the National Children’s Alliance (NCA) and Prevent Child Abuse America.
- MKF will support and promote growth and development of services offered by MO CACs that are consistent with NCA standards for accredited members.
- MKF will serve as a strong membership organization rooted in meaningful partnerships with our member child advocacy centers.
- MKF will serve as the statewide public policy leader on issues related to child abuse and neglect.
- MKF will have a clearly defined role in prevention including, but not limited to, awareness activities.
- MKF will coordinate a comprehensive statewide interagency, multidisciplinary response to child abuse and neglect by continuing our leadership of the Task Force on the Prevention of Sexual Abuse of Children and its workgroups.